Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Whats the best way to straighten thick and super curly hair?

I am mixed and so my hair falls in the "poofy and frizzy" category. I can't even wash my hair and let it dry naturally! Use a good anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner. Blow dry it as straight as you can. Then use a CHI flat iron (I have tried all sorts but nothing works like a chi). Be sure to use a heat protectant spray to pretect your hair though.



If you are looking for more permanent measures, look into Japanese Thermal Straightening. The flat iron in about $140 and thermal straightening is a few hundred dollars depending on your hair. Either way it's expensive - but I can actually wear my hair down!



Whats the best way to straighten thick and super curly hair?

Put olive oil in it then use a gold plated flat iron i use this on my niece who has extremely thick and very kinky curly hair and it works enough to make her head look like a white girls lol.



Whats the best way to straighten thick and super curly hair?

From experience, the best and healthiest way to straighten thick curly hair is to first roller dry it and then blow dry it straight. Used a shampoo for dry hair and use a cream leave in conditioner, not a liquid. A cream is heavier and leaves hair better moisturized. But don't over moisturize either because it will just leave your hair weighed down.



There is no need to purchase items that are used for straightening or serums really because, no matter how much you use products intended to straighten and smooth hair, it all depends on how well you actually straighten it. So if you don't straighten it well, it will still be frizzy and curly.



Hope this helps.



Whats the best way to straighten thick and super curly hair?

I would suggest using the Remmington Wet/Dry Straightener. I use it and I have very thick kinky hair. It makes you feel like you have bran new hair. I use to use just a regular straightener, but my boyfriends mom bought me this wet/dry straightener, and it makes your hair feel so much healthier. My hair dresser told me that the best thing on the market was anything that says its uses ION's to straighten your hair because it doesn't do the damage that others do. It drys from the roots, and turns the water/wetness into steam. So the steam helps in turn to dry your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment